Thursday 8 December 2011

Homemade Guacamole-A Mexican Dip

Hello Every one....All must be thinking..where is this lady from many days.no updates,,nothing.....
Actually My internet was not working from many days..and I was busy with some other work(personal work)....so all together,,,,no time to update my blog..I have many recipe to update..Now before I forget i should update this one,,,,,,,,
Few days back when I was chatting with my Niece She told me to try some Mexican (Veg) recipes...she said it will be very yummy and quite simple to make..and also she sent me video of the some recipe....Then my hunt started and i goggled and found out some more.......and Guacamole is one of those....This is very easy and simple to make and really its so yummy and will go with anything.....Thanks to My Niece who told me about Mexican cuisine,,,I have many in my list..this is just beginning......here we go..


(Guacamole is a dip that originates from Mexico. Or to be more exact – it comes from the Atzec cuisine. The base for every guacamole is avocado. The traditional way to make it is to smash a ripe avocado and add some salt. But now there are many different guacamole recipes that include various other ingredients. The most common ones are onions, tomatoes, garlic, lime juice or lemon juice, pepper, cheese, cumin, spices…etc.)
Source




The list goes on.So I tried the below method..


Ingredients:
Ripe avocados 3(halved, seeded)
1/2 lime (juiced)
Salt 1/2 tsp or as per taste
Ground cumin 1/2 tsp
Small onion 1 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes 2(seeded and finely diced)
Fresh cilantro 2TBSP(finely chopped)
Garlic clove 1 (minced)
Red Pepper flacks 1tsp
Jalapenos 2(finely chopped(I have used Pickled Jalapenos)

How to make:

Cut the Avocado like below...


In a large bowl add the avocados pieces and mash it by using a fork,


Now Fold in onion, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic, Mash them together and toss to coat.


Add salt to pepper flacks and just mash for a mins and add this to the dip



also add cumin powder, chopped Jalapenos and mix well.Let sit for 1 hour in fridge.(Keep covered by lid)


Before serving add the lime juice mix well and enjoy with your fav snack or crisp....





glitter-graphics.com

10 comments:

  1. very flavorful one..yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking guacamole,seriously drooling here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy dip.. love avacados and the green colour of the dip is just awesome..:))
    Glad to have you back and can't wait for more updates..;)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. My type of guacamole...absolutely divine with hot rotis or tortillas...

    Kitchen - The Chef's Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried this dish earlier..bookmarking it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very delicious dip..just want few chips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo creamy and perfect dip..

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fav dip...looks so perfect with those breadsticks....yum:)

    ReplyDelete