Thursday 17 February 2011

Croissant

For the first time i prepared these Croissant(I prepared this few days back,,which was there in my draft)..and it turned very yummy....
I tried this from my bread machine recipe book....with very slight changes..and I have not used eggs as well....but it was very nice and tasty.


Ingradents:
Plain flour or while bread flour 2 cup
milk 1/2 cup
salt 1/2 tsp
sugar 2tsp
Fast action yeast 1tsp
milk powder 1TBSP
Unsalted butter 25gm in room tempreture.

Preparation:
Keep all the dough ingradients in the bread machine and prepare nice soft dough.Roll it out in rectangle.place the butter on one side and fold the other side over,sealing the edges...

(a)again roll the dough in to a rectangle and fold right third in to the enter followed by the left third. Seal and wrap in cling film,chill for 20 mins....

Now take out the dough and repeat the same method (a)of rolling twice more(rolling out in to rectangle,folding,and chilling,but do not apply butter again and again)...

Once done take out the dough ,now roll in to long rectangle and cut in to triangles.


and roll in to croissant shape,


arrange in a oven tray( as i am baking in the bread machine...I kept in bread machine pan..leave to rise for 30 mins..now glaze with milk(you can also glaze with egg) and bake it for 20-22 mins or till it turns to light golden colour......then take out from the pan......

The hot and soft,,crunchy croissant is ready to serve..........hummmmm...yummy..


Note: You can also make 3-4 portion from the dough and follow the method for all the portion by using the correct portion of butter for all the portion,,,,as i prepared like that only...





glitter-graphics.com

9 comments:

  1. Croissant looks delicious I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Chitra! I never tried preparing it from scratch. You have made it so perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo..they looks so professional n perfect..awesome job here :)


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the first time itself has come out so perfect ... nice shape and color. Looks too good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First visit here, nice blog :) Croissant looks perfect and soft..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous, Chitra. My mouth is watering. Im definitely going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely croissant. I will definitely try! awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank uThank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


    Pizza Roller Machine

    ReplyDelete