Sunday 9 January 2011

Cranberry Sauce/Jam

The cranberry is very new fruit for us(to my Family)..I always like the colour of this small fruit,,as I never tasted this berries..few days back thought of buying it,,.,,,,
But Really I am telling you...it tasted extremely sour,,,,I felt sad for myself for buying this fruit...No one liked this fruit at my home....but then I found out that..this fruit is good for making,,,sauce,,chutney,,pickle and other things......So thought of trying Cranberry sauce this time....and the final result was very good and I liked the sauce/jam very very much.....lets have look...


Ingredients:
Fresh Cranberries 300gm(3cup)
Sugar 1 cup
Cinnamon powder 1TBSP
Orange juice 3/4cup
Few strips of orange zest(optional)

Preparation:
Wash and pick over cranberries. In a saucepan add this berries,sugar,orange juice and turn on the heat(high flame).stir for a min


and then add cinnamon powder,keep on stir in between.....


once the berries starts popping up(around after 5-7 min) turn heat in to medium -low flame and add orange zest,,mix well,,now don't go any where ..keep on stirring..it will be done like below around after 18-20 mins.


Now the sauce/jam is done,,,,....then Remove from heat. Cool completely at room temperature and then chill in refrigerator. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
Cranberry sauce base makes around 2cups.

Note:Cranberries can be extremely sour. If you prefer a sweeter sauce add more sugar,adjust accordingly.
The home Sauce is ready to use....Its so colour full and really tasty and can use as other fruit jam....







glitter-graphics.com

5 comments: