Tuesday 24 January 2012

Apple Pie..With Summer Berries Twist--My Ultimate baking..

The Valentine fever is in the air now.........so we can get see lots of Valentine dishes all around.....Even I decided to update some dishes on this occasion........Well this is my ultimate baking till now..so thought of dedicating this recipe for "Valentine's Day".....

I really love baking now a days and even my family love to eat it..so I am very happy..and especially this pie is been loved my husband so very much that i should call this as my Valentine's dish.....which is liked and loved by my Valentine.......


Ingredients:

Short crust pastry sheet 2nos(I have used store bought,u can use home made also)

Fillings:
Granny smith or baking apple 2-3 big(or u can use more if u like)
white sugar 1/2 cup
Ground cinnamon 3/4 tsp
salt 1/4 tsp
Ground nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon
lemon juice 1tsp
Summer mixed berries 1cup(I have used frozen mixed berries like strawberry,blue berry,black berry, raspberry)
All-purpose flour 3-4TBSP


How to Prepare:

Quarter, core, peel and slice the apples about 5mm thick and soak in salted water for 5 mins then remove....




heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark5.
In large bowl, add all the filling ingredients(as given order above) gently mix it.





Place 1 pie crust in ungreesed pie plate(dish).Press firmly against side and bottom.Trim the edge with a sharp knife.




Spoon the above apple mixture into crust-lined pie dish.


Top with second crust carefully. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust(make little slashes)for the steam to escape.




Bake for 40-45 mins, until golden, Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.Once done remove and let it sit for 5-10 mins..




Serve hot.......




Along with cream or Ice cream......


Sending this to the below events

visit valentines-special



visit Valentine's Day Event



Event by Revan
visit cook eat delicious desserts Event

Hosted by Suma
visit cook eat delicious desserts Event





glitter-graphics.com

13 comments:

  1. Awww...this looks fab!!
    I loved the theme of hard crust cover and soft berries and apples melting within...wow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwatering here, wat a terrific and super tempting pie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful pie! Thanks a lot for sending to my event :) Hoping to see more of your creativity before Feb 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! Looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much for participating in Jingle All The Way. :) I’ve posted the Roundup here. Do have a look.
    Also, I’m hosting Kid's Delight - Something Sweet for Jan 16th-Feb15th 2012. I would love to have your posts linked there. :-)
    -
    Kavi (Edible Entertainment)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very nice. Happy 2 follow u

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks super delicious dear.. thank you for linking it to my event.!
    My event- Valentines Day Special

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so tempting!! so unique !! I am your happy follower !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks fabulous and you have made it look very simple. Thanks for linking to CEDD event.

    ReplyDelete