Thursday 28 October 2010

Cabbage Sandwich(spcially for kids)

This is one of my invention.I always use to think to do some other kind of sandwich..usually for my kid.He is very choosy and wants new kind of food every time. So when i saw cabbage in my kitchen,,,I thought of invent something..The result is here..My kid loved it..I hope the same will you all



Ingredients:
Whole wheat bread slice 4-6
Fresh Finely chopped Cabbage 1 bowl
Finely cooked and mashed potato 1(small)
Finely chopped Onion(while) 1
Cooking oil 2tsp
Mustered 1/2 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Tomato catchup 2 tsp
water to cook cabbage

For spice:
Coriander and cumin powder(both together) 1TBSP
Any curry powder 1 TBSP
Salt to taste and 1/2 tsp of sugar
lemon juice 1tsp
Chilly sauce 2tsp(optional)

Preparation:
Heat oil add mustered and turmeric,after 30 seconds add onion,saute for 2-3 mins then add chopped cabbage,saute again,add 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid,cook the cabbage till it is soft.
Once the cabbage is done add mashed potato and all the spice items(chilly sauce is optional,if your preparing for kids,i say not to add)give a good stir for 2-3 mins,then turn of the heat. The filling is ready.
Take bread slice make toast in toaster(you can apply butter if you want,I have not used).
Now spread the filling on top of one slice and cover with another slice.Cut the bread slice in any shape,as the kids will love the food in different shape.



Or you first cut the bread in shape and spread the fillings..



Then cover the other shaped bread on top.



And serve with tomato catchup....or pack the sandwich and tomato catchup in kids lunch box separately...





I am sending this to Taste buds
Visit my-first-event-kids-lunchbox-treats



And also to Akhila's

Visit event-announcement-dish-name-starts-C

No comments:

Post a Comment