Wednesday 5 January 2011

Pea Nut Chaat

Its very very cold here...so thought of doing some chaat,,but not the same old kind....Then I got a idea of doing this Peanut chaat...It was very tasty.and the most important part is my kid liked it very much...Have a try...



Ingredients:
Peanut 2 cup
Onion 1 big finely chopped
Tomato 1 finely chopped
fresh coriander finely chopped 4TBSP
Carrot grated 1/2 cup
Chaat masala 2tsp(for kids use 1/4 tsp or as per your kids taste)
Red Chilly powder 1tsp(For kids use black pepper powder a pinch)
Coconut oil 1TBSP
Salt 1/2 tsp+1/2tsp for cooking peanut or as per taste
Lemon juice 1tsp



Preparation:
Soak the Peanut in water for 30 mins then cook in pressure cooker by adding 1/2tsp of salt.
Take a pan heat oil add all the vegetable ,saute for a min then add the cooked(without water)peanut mix well.sprinkle chilly powder,salt(check for salt as the peanut is already having salt)chaat masal,lemon juice,mix well and serve hot peat nut chaat....






I am sending this to Chitra's Event


visit kadalaekai-parishe-groundnut-festival



and also to Simona's event Milla...
visit annuncio-legumi-che-passione-numero-31

main page from
visit my-legume-love-affair-host-lineup




and also to Shrivalli's
visit announcing-kids-delight-street-food





glitter-graphics.com

11 comments:

  1. just my idea of snack ! good one !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this for a snack,and boiled peanuts taste so wonderful:)I remember one of my mama's in India owned a farm and would bring peanuts and my father would boil those tender peanuts with skin intact in salted water,I loved those,this recipe brought back old memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good. I love easy treats like this:)


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the photos with the ingredients and the spices. I must admit I have never had boiled peanuts, so your recipe makes me curious. Thanks for contributing to MLLA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chitra! Kadalaekai Parishe Round Up is finally up! Thanks for your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for bringing this blog to our attention. It's amazing. There's no denying that the number of nut butter on store shelves is on the rise. However, what appears in the ingredients list is more important than the nut butter you buy. So go with "Seed & Shell" for the nutritious nut butter. Our pistachio butter is handcrafted with pistachios grown in California and contains no harmful ingredients. Keep in touch with us!

    ReplyDelete