Wednesday 22 February 2012

Apple Spicy Saaru/Apple Spicy soup

Its been almost a week I am not on blog......the reason behind was my hubby was not very well....so but with lots of work......today I am feeling bit free,,,so thought of updating my blog,,as I didn't even updated the recipe for my valentine cake.....but now I am not in a mood to update the recipe...as the cake I wanted to prepare was red Velvet cake,,,,but it turned in to brown instead red......but the taste was very good.....so I decided to update it when I prepare it again with red colour.....any ways........

During my hubby was not well My sister in law suggested me to prepare this apple saaru(or it can be used as soup) for him,,,as it is good for sour through ...so I prepared it last week end...it is very very simple and tasty ...



So here is what I used:

Ingredients:
Granny smith apple 2 medium(it should not be very sweet,,so I its good to use granny smith apple)
Yellow moong lentil and tour lentil 1/2 cup together(1/4 cup each)
Green chilly 1 (chopped)
Ground Cumin 1tsp(can used whole cumin also)
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp(or used whole pepper corn 4-5)
gaggarey 1/2 tsp
salt as per taste
oil 1tsp
water to cook lentil

For tempering:

Coconut oil 2tsp
Muster seed 1/2tsp
pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
Curry leaves 4-5
Dry red chilly 2(cut in to 2 pieces)

How to prepare:

Quarter, core and slice the apples about 5mm thick


and cook it in microwave safe dish for 3-4 mins then remove ,keep aside.

Wash and add enough water to lentil, add 1tsp oil and cook till it is soft and mushy....


Once the apple is cool add it to a blender along with green chilly,ground cumin and pepper powder(if u r using whole pepper and cumin fry them in a 1/2tsp oil before adding to blender)
add water and make it smooth paste...




Mash the cooked lentil and add apple paste to it,,,,add salt and jaggary mix well,,add water if required \and bring it to boil..........



Soup is ready to use....



It u want to use it as saaru and want to have it with hot rice....then

Heat oil add all the ingredients under tempering and once mustered starts popping dip this in the saaru.....serve with hot rice........




glitter-graphics.com

3 comments:

  1. Never tried this, may be should go well bcoz of tanginess. Looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very new and absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy yum spicy soup,never heard of apple!!

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete